Becoming Anew

"Becoming Anew," is an endeavor that has been in my mind's eye for about a year. Typically a voracious reader and learner, in 2017 I took my learning up a notch or two and invested more time to "consuming" books, podcasts, and movies, which led to some pretty deep thinking about the world, God, the meaning of existence, etc. This blog is my way of reflecting on what has awakened, inspired and cultivated my imagination and perspectives on life and death

I am particularly intrigued by what science, mythology and theology have to say to our human condition and quest for truth. I recognize that we are all wired differently and with these differences come a myriad of ways that we like to be stretched and nudged in our own individual journeys of becoming anew. Some people prefer to stay in the shallow end of the think-tank. Others enjoy a swim in the deep end and others still enjoy the exhilaration of navigating the raging rapids--whatever your style and learning level, I hope this blog is able to give you some ideas for further reading, opportunities for reflection, and grow your capacity for transformation, be it through a quick dip in the pool or a deep oceanic exploration type of encounter.

How adventurous you want to be is entirely up to you. I feel the key to becoming anew is knowing when you're ready for each depth type and how much of them you need before trying something different. In other words, spend too much time in the rapids and you'll die from exhaustion or become disoriented past the point of no return. The close-minded may struggle with some of the content here. My goal is to create open and honest dialogue through these reflections. I am not interested in persuading people to believe in any particular way--I just find it enjoyable thinking about this kind of subject material.

I look forward to seeing who shows up and gets in the water with me.  If reading really isn't your thing, then maybe listening to my podcast "God Fodder" will be more to your liking.

Thanks for your willingness to try 'becoming anew.' I know you have thousands of different things you could be doing with your time and mental energy. I'm grateful for any comments, ideas or questions you have. Peace!

Photo by Luca Bravo on Unsplash

Comments